Are you a Mac user looking for legal pleading templates? It isn’t obvious, but any template designed in Windows should run on your Mac. So don’t despair! Microsoft offers several options here. In the search box, enter “Legal pleading paper.”
Customized templates from our office are different than the typical Microsoft version. We place the lawyer’s name, address, and contact information in a text box in the document footer to comply with Oregon formatting requirements. Additionally, our templates are macro-enabled and take users through a series of prompts to generate a proper case caption and document name on a 26-line pleading. (For security reasons, users must click the “enable macros” button for our templates to operate properly.)
Saving Pleading Templates is a Bit Tricky
Templates belong in the My Templates directory at: /Users/ username/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/My Templates.
Unfortunately, My Templates is part of the Library folder which is hidden by default if you are using Mac OS 7 or later.
To access the Library and save pleading templates to the My Templates folder, follow these steps:
- In the Finder, click on the Go menu while pressing down the Option/Alt key
- The Library folder should appear in the drop-down menu
- Browse to /Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/My Templates
- Drag or copy the pleading template to this destination
Verify that Word can find and run the template:
- Open Word
- Select File, New from Template
- The template should be visible with the others in the template gallery
If the template is not saved to the proper destination, Word won’t “see” it along with your other preloaded templates.
Customized Templates for Oregon Lawyers
If you are an Oregon lawyer and would like a customized Mac pleading template, contact me.