The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) will soon begin rolling out a new electronic system for case management and electronic filing (e-filing…Statewide Electronic Filing is on the Way to Washington Courts
Starting today through December 31 get 50% off all CLEs by entering the code SAVE50 at checkout! Visit Oregon Law Practice Management On Demand CLE and choose from any of these programs:
Oregon-Specific Ethics Credits
General Ethics Credits
- Ethical Guidelines for Client Files
- Fee Agreements – Ethical Dos and Don’ts
- Effective Conflict Systems
Practical Skills/General Credits
- 7 Steps to Building Better Client Relationships
- Best Practices for Client Intake, Engagement, and Workflow
- Best Practices for Docketing, Conflicts, Disengagement, and File Retention
- eCourt Malpractice Traps
- Getting Paid
- Oregon eService
- Technology Tips for the Busy Legal Professional
Personal Management Assistance Credits
Use the SAVE50 discount
Browse the CLEs, select your programs, then click the shopping cart icon at the top right of your screen. Choose Checkout, enter SAVE50 in the discount field, and click Apply.
Instant digital delivery with options to save to the cloud or your mobile device
Links to digital files are delivered instantly at checkout with your purchase confirmation email. Download, stream, save to Dropbox, or send files to your mobile device or desktop computer.
Add credits now to your MCLE transcript
After you screen a program, you can add it immediately to your online Oregon State Bar MCLE transcript record. Download the instructions here.
Your on demand CLE purchase includes
- MP4 download (combined audio and video file)
- M4a download (audio only)
- Written program materials, including presentation slides and resources
- Answers to polling questions asked during the live CLE
- MCLE information
Secure payment processing
All transactions are handled by Selz and protected with encryption. Selz is SSL secure and PCI compliant. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover accepted. Click here to buy CLEs and save money!
Why text clients? Well, for starters it’s fast and convenient. Clients don’t need WiFi to reply. More importantly texts are read, with an open rate of 98% compared to email, at roughly 20%.
But with pros come cons.
The moment you begin using your personal phone to text clients, you’ve sacrificed your privacy. Reason enough to find an alternative. But the concerns don’t stop there.
Messages will always be held hostage on your device unless special steps are taken to incorporate them as part of the client file, a requirement of OSB Formal Opinion No. 2017-192 Client Property: Duplication Charges for Client Files, Production or Withholding of Client Files.
The solution? A business texting service, like Zipwhip.
If you’ve attended any of my CLEs, odds are you’ve heard me speak about this product. Please allow me the opportunity to refresh your memory with the features and advantages of business texting.
7 reasons to use Zipwhip instead of your phone
- Your privacy is protected. Zipwhip sends and receives texts using your existing landline, VoIP, or toll-free number – not your personal cell.
- Text conversations in Zipwhip can be easily saved in PDF format and stored in the client file. Using cloud-based practice management software? Automate this step with Zapier.
- Any authorized person can login to the Zipwhip desktop app to send or receive messages, allowing improved access to client communications. Out of the office? Use the mobile app.
- Appointment reminders or other messages can be scheduled in advance using built-in templates. Auto replies and group texting are also available.
- Take advantage of the unlimited contacts feature to easily add important details to contact cards. Search for individuals or groups.
- Integrate texting into your firm website by adding a “click to text” button for clients.
- Easily receive (and file) photos sent by clients, investigators, or experts.
Security is always a concern with client communication. Zipwhip offers data encryption in transit and at rest. It also conforms with federal opt-out requirements, includes support for eDiscovery, and offers monitoring for spam and phishing messages. Like most services operating in the cloud, there may be occasions when Zipwhip has access to your content or data. Read the terms of service.
Zipwhip plans start at $35 per month. Annual plans are also available. Request a free trial here. All you need is a verifiable (working) phone number. There is no hardware to install and no need to contact your current phone provider.
If you want to compare Zipwhip to other business texting services, check out these resources: TextUs vs. Zipwhip, Zipwhip’s Competitors, Revenue, Number of Employees, Funding, and Acquisitions, and Top 30 Zipwhip Alternatives.
Business texting offers a huge advantage over personal texting. Consider implementing a solution like Zipwhip, or one of its competitors, to protect your privacy, improve access to client communication, and ensure preservation of messages.
Rest assured, this is not a paid endorsement of any kind. I’ve been a fan of this product going on three years, ever since I first read Bob Ambrogi’s LawSites blog post.
All Rights Reserved 2019 Beverly Michaelis