Does NSA or other government surveillance cause you to lose sleep or have you given up on privacy? Some very interesting thoughts today from Cindy Cohn of the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) in her keynote at the 2016 ABA TECHSHOW.
- The Apple case isn’t about privacy, it’s about security.
- Neither legally nor technically was it ever correct that the government wanted access to only one phone [referring to the Apple case].
- Apple’s security backdoor: If you build it, they [hackers, foreign governments, law enforcement] will come.
- Encryption is just applied math.
- Everything old is new again. We’ll be here 20 years from now when this fight is still going on [on EFF’s mission].
- We are moving into to a world where devices are deeply embedded in our lives. We have to get the balance right.
- Stand up for strong security at Savecyrpto.org.
For an excellent recap of Cindy’s speech, click here or on the image below.