Looking for a job? Stand out from other candidates by creating your own personal Web site with Strikingly. Simply create a login, then choose from one of six templates under the Personal tab or scroll to the bottom of the page and select “One Click Online Resume” to convert your LinkedIn profile to a personal Web site. It’s that easy and it’s free!
To give you an idea of how Strikingly uses LinkedIn, let’s do a comparison of the two.
Here is a partial screen grab of my LinkedIn Profile:
Here is a partial screen grab of my Strikingly Web site:
Click edit to change the background image, upload your own image, change the template style, add content or edit content. Save at any time to avoid losing your edits and use Preview to test drive your site before making it live. When you’re done, click Publish.
To navigate your site, use the slide bar or simply scroll down the page. (Note: recommendations follow experience, but don’t have their own navigation.)
What did I appreciate about Strikingly?
- It is incredibly easy to use. Hard to beat a “one click and you’re done” Web site.
- If you build one personal site and don’t mind the strikingly.com domain name, there is no charge.
- Sites are available instantly – about 10 seconds and I was off and running.
- Editing is easy and intuitive. I was pleasantly surprised to learn I could upload my own background images and change the template style.
- Stock iconography and logos are used advantageously to enhance content.
- A key recommendation was showcased in an appealing way.
- Publicize your new site on Twitter or Facebook when done!
If you are looking for a more engaging, interesting way to present your qualifications, please give Strikingly a try. Take the time to edit and personalize your site by uploading your own background image and tweaking the template. For custom domains and other features, check out the Limited or Pro pricing plans.
All Rights Reserved  Beverly Michaelis