Do you have mystery money in your lawyer trust account? Uncashed checks? Funds you can’t return to clients? Join me on Wednesday, October 16 for Abandoned Funds: Trust Account Dilemmas and learn how to address these issues. This CLE is designed for lawyers, legal staff, bookkeepers, or office administrators – anyone interested in proper handling of abandoned IOLTA funds. Approved for .50 ethics credits (Oregon-specific) and .75 practical skills. OSB ID 59273.
When and Where
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Pacific Time. This is a live, online webinar.
How to Register
Register here, choose the image above, or visit the Upcoming CLE page. Secure payment processing powered by Eventbrite. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted. Program materials included in the $25 registration price. Group discounts available to firms who wish to register 5 or more attendees. Contact me for more information.
- Identifying abandoned funds
- Determining ownership and residence
- Remitting funds
- Exercising due diligence: statutory and ethical duties
- Assessing the legal, practical, and and ethical implications of using stop payments, closing your IOLTA account, using stale dates, purchasing cashier’s checks to replace funds in IOLTA, and writing off leftover balances
- Avoiding abandoned funds
- Reporting and remitting abandoned funds outside the statutory deadline
Procedures have changed since I last offered a CLE on abandoned funds. Get straightforward, up-to-date information on all aspects of proper reporting and remitting.
All Rights Reserved 2019 Beverly Michaelis