Get 2010 off to a great start with a fresh, new marketing plan. Here are 10 great ideas shared by Carolyn Elefant at our Solo by Choice CLE:
- You must allow time for marketing on a consistent basis to keep cases flowing in. Add a weekly “marketing morning” to your schedule and use it to blog, make calls, or find time for events.
- Each quarter come up with a list of people you want to meet. Establish contact and schedule meetings.
- Create a Facebook fan page to market your practice.
- Sign up for AVVO to get free referrals. Complete your profile to increase your Web presence.
- Set up a blog or create a Web site with blogging capability.
- Use Twitter to increase traffic to your blog or Web site, establish social media connections, and monitor trending topics.
- Write articles. Want an easy shortcut? Interview someone – the article almost writes itself. Issue a press release about your article. Call colleagues about it, and offer to e-mail the article to them. Reprint snippets of your article on your blog. Upload your content to Docstoc, a community where people find and share professional documents, then link to the article on your blog or Web site. You can also upload articles to JD Supra, a document-sharing site dedicated to legal professionals. Articles can also be displayed in print form in your reception area.
- Multi-purpose for maximum effect. If you give a speech, record it, and then turn it into a podcast or e-book. Consider uploading video content to You Tube or hold a Webinar based on your speech.
- Network and host events on Biznik. Find the Portland, Oregon Biznik community here.
- Consider submitting source material to HARO (Help a Reporter Out).
My Bonus Tip
If you weren’t able to attend our Solo by Choice CLE, consider ordering a copy of Carolyn’s presentation and book. It’s a bargain at $30. Visit the PLF Web site, then select Programs on Audio or Programs on Video.
Copyright 2010 Beverly Michaelis