From NW Sidebar –
Working remotely increases the probability of problems created by malware and ransomware, and the damage caused by them can be extreme. Take these 9 basic steps to protect yourself.
- Backup your computer
- Update and patch operating systems and apps
- Manage accounts with security in mind. Avoid logging in as an Admin unless necessary.
- Install anti-malware software
- Establish a VPN (virtual private network) to connect to your office computer
- Encrypt drives
- Use conferencing software intelligently
- Update network firmware
- Use complex passwords
Read the full post here, which includes specific recommendations.
Oregon lawyers can also take advantage of the following resources:
Cybersecurity and data breach – follow the embedded link, then select this category
The April issue of the Oregon State Bar Bulletin is also an excellent resource.
All Rights Reserved 2020 Beverly Michaelis