From NW Sidebar –
Working remotely increases the probability of problems created by malware and ransomware, and the damage caused by them can be extreme. Take these 9 basic steps to protect yourself.
- Backup your computer
- Update and patch operating systems and apps
- Manage accounts with security in mind. Avoid logging in as an Admin unless necessary.
- Install anti-malware software
- Establish a VPN (virtual private network) to connect to your office computer
- Encrypt drives
- Use conferencing software intelligently
- Update network firmware
- Use complex passwords
Read the full post here, which includes specific recommendations.
Oregon lawyers can also take advantage of the following resources:
Cybersecurity and data breach – follow the embedded link, then select this category
General advice on working remotely
The April issue of the Oregon State Bar Bulletin is also an excellent resource.
All Rights Reserved 2020 Beverly Michaelis
Pingback: 2020 in the Rearview | Oregon Law Practice Management