For those of you struggling to figure out how your business can adapt to the age of COVID-19, here’s the good news: it can be done!
The keys, according to Washington Lawyer Jordan L. Couch, are:
- Setting up a VPN & Remote Desktop
- Grabbing What You Need from the Office
- Taking Online Signatures
- Using Cloud Storage
- Scheduling Video Conferences and Investing in VoIP
Read more at the link below.
My two cents?
VPN and Remote Desktop
Remote access allows you to get to all your office files from home. Learn more by reading this post.
Grabbing What You Need at the Office
Plan before you go. If you have staff, ask for input then make a list. Find a cardboard box, sacks, or anything you can use to carry office supplies and the like – ideally virus-free and ready to go. If you’re not sure whether the carriers you’re using to bring stuff home are good to go, then disinfect. Be prepared to do it again or to “quarantine” carriers when you return home.
- If you were last in the office four or more days ago – everything you bring home is virus-free. This assumes no one else has been in your space and had access to files or items in your workspace.
- If you were in the office more recently, prepare to disinfect what you bring home or quarantine it for three days. The virus lives on plastic for three days and plastic is EVERYWHERE in our offices – keyboards, mice, phones, etc. Read more here.
- Protect yourself. If you are in a firm, office share, rent space, or pay for custodial services, assume someone has been in your space and protect yourself according to CDC guidelines.
I first wrote about digital signatures in 2012. I’m a big fan. See the heading Digital Signing Apps in this post for recommendations.
VOiP isn’t essential. If you use your cell phone for business, you’re already set. If you rely on an office landline, contact your provider about call forwarding. Minimally change your outgoing message so clients know you’ll be monitoring and returning calls remotely.
I love Zoom for video conferencing! All my webinars are conducted through Zoom.
All Rights Reserved 2020 Beverly Michaelis