Do you have mystery money in your lawyer trust account? Uncashed checks? Funds you can’t return to clients? Join me on Wednesday, October 16 for Abandoned Funds: Trust Account Dilemmas and learn how to address these issues. This CLE is designed for lawyers, legal staff, bookkeepers, or office administrators – anyone interested in proper handling of abandoned funds and lawyer trust accounts.
- Identifying abandoned funds
- Determining ownership and residence
- Remitting funds
- Exercising due diligence: statutory and ethical duties
- Assessing the legal, practical, and and ethical implications of using stop payments, closing your IOLTA account, using stale dates, purchasing cashier’s checks to replace funds in IOLTA, and writing off leftover balances
- Avoiding abandoned funds
- Reporting and remitting abandoned funds outside the statutory deadline
When & Where: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time. This is a live, online webinar.
Group Discounts: Available to firms who wish to register 5 or more attendees. Contact me for more information.
Participate in Polling & Ask Questions: Questions are welcome during the live event. Attendees are also encouraged to participate in live, anonymous polling.
How to Register
Register here, choose the image above, or visit the Upcoming CLE page. Secure payment processing powered by Eventbrite. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted. Program materials included in the $25 registration price.
Video and audio recordings will be available to download along with the program materials shortly after the live program event. Price: $25. Contact me or visit my online CLE store to place an order.
All Rights Reserved 2019 Beverly Michaelis
Pingback: Looking Back at 2019 | Oregon Law Practice Management