Your office systems are the backbone of everything you do. Join me for CLEs on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 and April 11, 2018 and learn how to implement best practices for client intake, engagement, workflow, docketing, conflicts, disengagement, and file retention.
$25 – Visit the Upcoming CLE page or choose one of the registration links below. Secure payment processing powered by Eventbrite. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted. Program materials included in the registration price.
Both programs are live, online webinars.
Who Should Attend?
Lawyers, office administrators, or staff – anyone interested in improving office systems.
Best Practices for Client Intake, Engagement, and Workflow
March 28, 2018 CLE – 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Pacific
- Recognizing objectives and ethical traps
- Implementing the 7 key elements of effective intake forms
- Building in accountability to prevent mistakes
- Automating intake with ease
- Documenting representation: why bother?
- Appreciating the ethical implications of engagement vs. nonengagement
- Finding alternatives when a nonengagement letter can’t be sent
- Modernizing the engagement process using forms, brochures, automation, and eSignatures
- Identifying barriers to improving productivity: what’s stopping us?
- Exploring the connection between bar complaints and poor workflow management
- Setting objectives using automation, integration, and delegation
- Using technology and staffing to improve workflow
Best Practices for Docketing, Conflicts, Disengagement, and File Retention
April 11, 2018 CLE – 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Pacific
- Learning the attributes of effective docketing systems
- Appreciating the duty of due diligence
- Docketing tips for eCourt practitioners: knowing where to go, forwarding notices, calculating deadlines, understanding the Register of Actions, enlisting proper email management
- Recognizing ethical traps
- Establishing system objectives: who to screen and when to screen
- Comparing software applications
- Streamlining conflict checking using forms, checklists, procedures, and letters
- Recording conflict results
Disengagement and file retention
- Meeting your ethical obligations under Oregon RPC 1.16
- Simplifying disengagement with forms
- Protecting clients and limiting liability exposure
- Creating policies, procedures, and checklists
- Accessing resources
Are group discounts available?
Discounts are available to firms who register 5 or more attendees. Contact me for a discount code before you register firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do the Programs Include Written Materials?
Yes. Written materials are distributed electronically to attendees.
Are questions welcome?
Absolutely. Questions may be submitted any time during the live event or afterward via email. Attendees are also encouraged to participate in live, anonymous polling.
1.0 practical skills pending for each program.
Video and audio recordings of the March 28 and April 11 CLEs will be available to download along with the program materials shortly after the live program events.
Price: $25. Contact me or visit my online CLE store to place an order.