You may feel there’s nothing you can do about stress.
The bills won’t stop coming, there will never be more
hours in the day, and your work and family responsibilities
will always be demanding. However, you have more
control over stress than you might think. No matter how
stressful your life seems, you can take steps to relieve
the pressure and regain balance.
Sage words from the March 2017 issue of InSight. Since the holidays can be an especially stressful time, consider taking a time out to evaluate how the four stress management strategies discussed in this article might work for you.
- Download the “Stress Relief Toolbox” provided by the authors. As they suggest, it’s not a bad idea to use one of these tools every day. Don’t wait for stress to build up.
- If you’re a list-maker, using the “Stress Management Self-Help Checklist” may appeal to you. It’s a good way to stay on track and remind yourself of the importance of managing stress as part of your overall health.
- Last, but not least: if you’re trying to get a handle on the stressors in your life, consider keeping a “Stress Journal.”
For specific advice on how to cope with holiday expectations and holiday-related stress, review these articles from the Oregon Attorney Assistance Program:
- Give to Yourself This Holiday Season
- How to Let Go of Holiday Expectations
- Plan a Stress-Less Holiday
All Rights Reserved 2017 Beverly Michaelis