Yesterday the Oregon Attorney General shared important advice about the Equifax data breach. Here are the key takeaways:
- Do not visit the Equifax website to determine if your information has been compromised.
- Check your credit report.
- Place a freeze on your credit.
- Place a fraud alert in your credit file.
- File your taxes as early as possible.
- Visit identitytheft.gov to learn more.
Read the full post, including AG Rosenblum’s reasoning for avoiding the Equifax website, here.
Pingback: Year in Review | Oregon Law Practice Management