Don’t be afraid to ask – or learn! Processing ACH payments (yesterday’s post) is one of many reasons it pays to be educated. Attend Ethical Trust Accounting on October 27 and have complete confidence that all your bases are covered.
This two-hour CLE has been approved for 2.0 MCLE ethics credits. Topics include:
- Establishing regular, pooled, or separate IOLTA accounts
- Paying service charges and meeting minimum balance requirements
- Avoiding impermissible cushions
- Safeguarding client property and protecting against theft
- Holding unearned funds in trust until they “clear”
- Processing third party payments
- Using fixed fee agreements
- Paying yourself
- Reporting overdrafts
- Ethical recordkeeping and reconciliation
- Processing credit cards
- Retaining records
Who Should Attend
Lawyers, staff, bookkeepers, administrators, office managers – anyone who handles trust funds in Oregon.
Date and Time
Thursday, October 27, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
This program is an online webinar. View the webcast on any mobile device or desktop. Listen to audio via computer/device speakers or by telephone.
Registration Fee and Discount for Blog Readers
Registration cost – $25.00. Save 20% by entering the discount code Blog at checkout (your cost: $20.00) Register now at CLE Events or click here. [Secure payment processing powered by Eventbrite – Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted.] Remember to enter the discount code “Blog” to save 20%. Program materials included in the registration price.
About the Speaker
Over 20 years experience writing and speaking on the topic of trust accounting.
- Author, “Lawyer Trust Accounts and Client Property,” The Ethical Oregon Lawyer, published by the Oregon State Bar (2015).
- Author, “Lawyer Trust Accounts and Client Property,” The Ethical Oregon Lawyer, published by the Oregon State Bar (2005).
- Principal editor, A Guide to Setting Up and Using Your Lawyer Trust Account, published by the Professional Liability Fund (2005-2016).
- Co-author A Guide to Setting Up and Using Your Lawyer Trust Account, published by the Professional Liability Fund (2001-2016).
2.0 MCLE Ethics Credits approved.
The program and program materials will be available to download after the CLE. Price: $25.00 (Save 20% by mentioning the Discount Code “Blog.”) Contact me for more information.
All Rights Reserved  Beverly Michaelis