Who Should Attend
Lawyers, staff, bookkeepers, administrators, office managers – anyone who handles trust funds in Oregon.
Date and Time
Both programs are online webinars – view the webcasts on any mobile device or desktop. Listen to audio via computer/device speakers or by telephone. A link to downloadable program materials will be sent automatically to all registered attendees.
Registration Fee and Discount for Blog Readers
Program materials included in registration fee. Secure payment processing powered by Eventbrite. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted.
Ethical Trust Accounting will cover:
- Establishing regular, pooled, or separate IOLTA accounts
- Paying service charges and meeting minimum balance requirements
- Avoiding impermissible cushions
- Safeguarding client property and protecting against theft
- Holding unearned funds in trust until they “clear”
- Processing third party payments
- Using fixed fee agreements
- Paying yourself
- Reporting overdrafts
- Ethical recordkeeping and reconciliation
- Processing credit cards
- Retaining records
Remember to enter the discount code “Blog” to save 20% when registering for Ethical Trust Accounting.
Ethical Dilemmas: Unclaimed Client Funds
Is an in-depth, one hour CLE focusing on the issues surrounding unclaimed funds in IOLTA accounts. Topics include:
- Identifying unclaimed funds
- Determining residence
- Meeting timelines for assessment
- Pursuing ethical and statutory due diligence
- Reporting and remittance procedures
- Avoiding unclaimed funds
- Adopting strategies for dealing with lost checks
- Handling ethical and legal dilemmas for failure to report or remit
Can’t Attend These Programs?
All Rights Reserved  Beverly Michaelis