If Outlook 2016 hangs at the processing/start screen, odds are you have a conflict with an add-in. For example, Kaspersky’s anti-spam add-in, which recently caused problems for me.
The link above explains how to fix this problem, but let me distill it for you:
If you are trying to run Outlook now, stop it:
- Use the tried and true CTRL ALT DEL combination.
- Select Task Manager.
- Click “Yes” if prompted: “Do you want this App to make changes to your PC?”
- At the top of the Task Manager under Apps, select Microsoft Outlook.
- In the bottom right hand corner of Task Manager, click on “End Task.”
Start Outlook in “safe mode.”
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Select Run.
- In the open box, type Outlook /safe (There is a space after Outlook)
- Click OK.
- The choose Profile box opens, click OK.
- Select the File tab, and choose “Slow and Disabled Add-ins.”
- Disable the problem add-in (in my case, Kaspersky’s anti-spam feature).
- Click OK. Close Outlook.
Restart Outlook as usual.
[All Rights Reserved Beverly Michaelis 2016]
Pingback: The Best Legal Blog Posts of 2016 | Oregon Law Practice Management