Jan Berinstein’s new book, Formatting Legal Documents with Microsoft Word 2016, is now available on Amazon.
If you purchase Formatting Legal Documents with Microsoft Word 2016 here’s what you can expect:
- Tutorials and instructions for formatting pleadings, contracts, and other complex documents with Word 2016.
- Steps for making Word more user-friendly, including detailed directions for changing the default font and paragraph settings and customizing the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar.
- Time saving tips, including how to create and use keyboard shortcuts, field codes, and Quick Parts.
- An in-depth guide to understanding Word’s “logic,” with an eye toward successful formatting and troubleshooting.
- Demystification of everyday features such as line spacing, before and after spacing, headers and footers, page numbering, and automatic paragraph numbering.
- Easy to follow instructions for completing legal tasks like aligning text with pleading line numbers; creating, generating, and troubleshooting a Table of Contents and a Table of Authorities; using Track Changes; and comparing documents (redlining).
- Advice and tips relating to metadata removal, document corruption, and file conversions.
The book is filled with pragmatic tips, shortcuts, troubleshooting advice, and workarounds!
At $37.76 this book is a bargain. I’ve got my copy! Order yours from Amazon now. (Shipping is free.)
Still using Word 2007 or 2010 with no immediate plans to upgrade? Don’t fret. Jan’s Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Word 2007 and Formatting Legal Documents with Microsoft Word 2010 can still be found on Amazon.
[All Rights Reserved 2016 Beverly Michaelis]
Postscript: The release of Jan’s book was news I wanted to share without delay – I will return to February’s theme of posts relating to firm finances next week.