Dropbox – what could be new? With the announcement of a new API last month, some believe it may become an alternative for iCloud. For the rest of us, Dropbox simply remains the incredibly popular file sharing and collaboration tool.
- Get educated about the Cloud.
- Read and understand your state’s ethics opinion.
- Know the difference between free, pro, and business accounts. Free account users have a limited 30 day archive. Pro and Business Users can add Packrat to recover any file “as far back in time as you like.”
- Before sharing folders or links, review Dropbox help and learn how to unshare a file or remove a member from your business account.
- Establish strong user names and passwords unique to the Dropbox site.
- Understand Dropbox security and privacy policies …
- But add your own “client side” encryption to fully protect files.
All Rights Reserved Beverly Michaelis (2013)