And now, on the heels of yesterday’s post – I give you the best of 60 Sites in 60 Minutes from the 2013 ABA TECHSHOW:
- Discover new cloud services like Padlet with Cloud Surfing [Reviews, recommendations, news, and more]
- Encrypt Dropbox files with Viivo or Sookasa
- Access all your online files with a single user name and password using Otixo
- Try Kissflow for smart, secure workflow for Google Apps [document and process automation – free for up to 10 users]
- Find a personal shopper, errand runner, or Jack of All Trades on Task Rabbit – go from “to do” to “done”
- Put an end to e-mail and telephone tag with the Meeting Wizard online scheduling solution
- Control inbox bloat with SaneBox – automatically filters incoming e-mail of spam and unimportant messages by analyzing your communication habits
- Forward postal mail to your e-mail account using Outbox Mail
- Convert audio and video clips and extract snippets with ClipConverter
- Stay one step ahead by turning your e-mail, contacts, and calendar into an intelligent snapshot of your day with CueUp
People Search and Investigation Tools
- TLO Online Investigative Services is an Internet database for background research on people, assets, and businesses. Offered on a subscription-only basis. $1 per search.
- Click on the camera icon at Google Images to do a reverse image search by uploading a photo or pasting in an image URL [another way to find social media profiles]
- Find free public records in all 50 states using SearchSystems. Categories include births, deaths, deeds, mortgages, property records, and more.
- Searching for a birthdate? Try BirthDatabase.
- Use the RECAP document repository to find PACER documents at no charge.
- Grab interesting conference tweets with Conferences Bites
- Discover new authors on the Web with Byliner, Long Reads, or Long Form
- Who does Google listen to? Find out by watching Talks at Google [featuring authors, musicians, innovators, and speakers from all over the globe.]
- Find online learning courses with Coursera
- Figure out how to do anything with Wonder How To or Instructables
- Find cool tech at The Wirecutter, Tech meme, or WhereCoolThingsHappen
- Insert unusual characters on your iPad/iPhone with CopyPasteCharacter
- Customize your Android or iOS screen with MyColorScreen
- Find out what’s trending now with TrendsMap
- Surf the Web anonymously and securely with DuckDuckGo, Disconnect, or Collusion
Many thanks to the 60 Sites in 60 Minutes presenters for all these great ideas
All Rights Reserved Beverly Michaelis 2013
Pingback: A Look at the Year Past – Tips You May Have Missed | Oregon Law Practice Management