Occasionally lawyers ask for recommendations on phone systems – should they invest in a PBX, go with VoIP, or a hybrid of the two?
Thanks to the ABA Site-tation we now have an excellent overview of these options and some helpful resources:
- Phone and Communications Systems For the Solo and Small Firm – ABA GP Solo and Small Firm Division
- Assessing VoIP Services for Law Firms – ABA Law Practice Management
- Expand Your Reach with a Virtual PBX – ABA Section of Family Law (Scroll to bottom of page to view article)
- Dawn of the UMS Subpoena – ABA Law Practice Today
- Telephone Systems Buyer’s Guide– BuyerZone
If you’re shopping for cheap/free resources that serve a mobile practice, consider Google Voice. If you want the cadillac of virtual receptionists, please Call Ruby. (I’m a long-time fan and was pleased as punch to see that I am not alone in this assessment.)