On May 17, 2010 the Oregon Attorney Assistance Program is sponsoring “Job Search 2010” for lawyers and law students. The program will be available as a live seminar and via Webcast. Topics include:
- Conducting an effective job search
- A systematic approach to conducting informational interviews
- Networking for introverts
- Resume and job interview prep
- Views of the legal market from law school career services professionals
- How to effectively use the Internet and social media in your job search
- A panel of lawyers sharing their job search success stories
- Taking care of yourself when you are unemployed and looking for your next job
The registration fee for the all-day live program is $15, including lunch. Registration for the live Webcast is $7. Beat the deadline by signing up on or before May 12, 2010. Download the registration form here or follow the links on the form to register for the Webcast.
The Oregon Attorney Assistance Program also offers “Lawyers in Transition,” a networking, educational, and support group for lawyers and judges making job or career transitions. A guest speaker is featured the first Thursday of each month at noon in the OAAP office at 520 SW Yamhill, Suite 1050, Portland, Oregon. The April-August 2010 “Lawyers in Transition” schedule is available now on the OAAP Web site.
If you are searching for work, or about to graduate from law school and don’t yet have a position, we hope to see you May 17.
Copyright 2010 Beverly Michaelis